When and where?
The Virtual Career Fair is a 100% online event scheduled for Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
How do I register?
- Interact 1:1 with employers who are hiring – explore thousands of open positions from organizations committed to the advancement of women in the workplace.
- Attend a LIVE “Ask the Recruiter” session and engage with experts to get your most pressing career questions answered – featuring:
- Kathy Larson, Executive Recruiter for Bristol Myers Squibb, from 11:30 am to 12:00 pm PT
- Enjoy live and on-demand content designed to help you address your current career goals
- Benefit from job seeker resources offered by both the California Conference for Women and Indeed
- Enjoy a complimentary sneak peek of the California Conference for Women Virtual Exhibit Hall, including interactive experiences, plus the chance to shop and support women-owned and local businesses
Which companies are participating?
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Juniper Networks
- Alaska Airlines
- Cupertino Electric
- Dell Technologies
- Fidelity Investments
- Johnson & Johnson
- State Street
Designed for professionals:
- Seeking job opportunities in tech, biotech, pharmaceutical, and more
- Interested in exploring flex, remote, in-person, and hybrid roles.
- Early-on in their career through 10+ years experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I can’t attend on February 28th?
Register anyway! We will share your resume with participating hiring managers, who will follow up with you directly.
- Do attendees need to join the event for the full 3 hours?
You do not have to stay for the whole event. We’ve designed this format to allow for ample time to visit with hiring recruiters, and were intentional about limiting scheduled live content/ensuring that the majority of content is on-demand so that you can experience the event according to your own needs and priorities. You also have the option to log out and log back into the Virtual Career Fair at any time during the 3 hours.
- How should I dress?
The event includes both on-camera and off-camera opportunities for interactions, so it is up to you how you are most comfortable presenting yourself to recruiters and to fellow attendees! Business casual should work for all types of engagement.
- Will any sessions be available post-event?
We encourage you to visit the Conferences for Women’s Career Hub for additional valuable content!
- Can my organization participate in the Virtual Career Fair as a recruiter?
At this time, the Virtual Career Fair is not accepting additional hiring companies.
- Still have questions?
Please contact us at [email protected].
Here’s your quick-start guide (click to enlarge PDF):
How to make sure your profile is set and your resume is uploaded
- The first time you log in to the virtual environment, click on the large white box in the center of your screen to complete your profile. We strongly recommend uploading your resume as part of your profile completion, as all resumes will be shared with hiring employers.
- To access and edit your profile on any subsequent logins, click on the human silhouette button in the upper right of your screen at any time
How to engage hiring employers in chats
- Beginning at 10AM PT, log in and click “enter here” to access the virtual Exhibit Hall. Hiring employers who are offering scheduled chats will have a scheduling graphic within their booth — simply click to see available times.Scheduled meetings will be 10 minutes in duration. Use the agenda (calendar) icon in the upper left of your screen to access your list of scheduled meetings, and to join each meeting. Please note: Not all participating employers are offering scheduled chats.
- Beginning at 11AM PT, in addition to scheduled chat times, you can also engage in public and 1:1 chats within each booth, either by clicking in the chat box in the upper right (which will expand it), or by clicking on the human avatar to open up the chat box.
How to video chat
- If you and a hiring employer agree to transition from a text chat to a video chat, one of you will simply click on the video camera icon within your private chat box, then click the arrow to send. A “Join video call” box will appear on both of your screens — you and the hiring employer will both click that box to begin your video chat.
How to share your resume during a chat
- Don’t worry — all hiring employers will be provided with all resumes that are uploaded in attendee profiles for today’s event. However, if an employer requests that you share your resume (or any other information from your profile) while chatting, simply click on the “share profile” (business card) icon within your private chat box, check off which profile items you wish to share, then click “share.”
Can’t-miss content in between chats
- Join a LIVE Ask the Recruiter session — featuring Kathy Larson, Executive Recruiter for Bristol Myers Squibb — at 11:30AM. Simply click on the Learning Stage (accessible from the Lobby) to find each session. Be sure to use the “Ask a Question” button to submit your questions!
- Also on the Learning Stage, check out the library of on-demand video content centered on career advancement, transitions, personal development, and more.
After the Virtual Career Fair
- We thank you for completing your attendee survey (which will be e-mailed to you this afternoon) to tell us about your experience, and help us to improve future offerings!
- Stay tuned to our monthly newsletter, The Conference In Your Inbox, for timely tips and inspiration for working women
Should you have any questions or experience any difficulties at today’s event, our team is standing by at the Help Desk. Just click on the Help Desk in the Lobby for assistance, or email [email protected] at any time.